Club Coaching Vacancies
Mellish RFC Seek Head Coach
Mellish RFC boasts a full complement of senior teams including 3 senior male teams and 1 senior ladies team. The 1st XV play in Midlands 3 East/ North, the 2nd XV play in the Security Plus Pennant Group 2 and the 3rd XV in the Security Plus Pennant Group 4 South.
Mellish RFC are looking to appoint a volunteer coach, currently qualified to level 2 but someone who is interested and willing to develop as a coach and add to this qualification level. There will be financial support available for the development of the professional qualifications alongside full club support for the right coach to develop their coaching skills. Within Mellish RFC the coach will be required to work with and develop a mixture of playing talents and abilities and the coach will work with all senior sides (potentially including guest spots with the senior Ladies team) but the requirement will be for the new coach to work predominantly with the first XV side.
Ideally you’ll need to be:
- Passionate about rugby and keen to develop as a coach
- In possession of a good knowledge of the game
- Confident and good at communicating
- Able to find ways to get the best out of people
- Approachable and good with people
- Committed to fair play
- Well-organised and a good timekeeper
- Reliable and able to stand by commitments made
What you’ll do:
- Plan and run effective, safe and stimulating training sessions
- Work with the club in retaining and recruiting players
- Build team spirit and encourage participation
- Develop individuals’ skill, confidence and fitness
- Be part of the team selection and set the game tactics
- Promote fair play, team standards and codes of conduct
- Work with captains to identify potential player pathways for new / younger players
What Mellish can offer you:
- Funded coaching pathway
- Full support from committee and players
- Access to substantial fitness equipment including gym for sessions / own use
- Experience of other players / coaches already part of Mellish to imbed and develop in a friendly environment
To discuss the role in more detail please contact Syd Harris on 07778 927576.
All NLD Club Coaching Vacancies sent through to email@example.com will be advertised here.